Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > Not Compatible with US Spec Vehicles?
Not Compatible with US Spec Vehicles?

2153 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2016-07-25 12:20:56

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    DesignoSLK
    2016-07-22 22:46:46
     I just received this device hoping to scan, detect the problem and reset an SRS error on my 2000 Mercedes Benz SLK 230.

I first bought a CarSoft i980 because it said I could accomplish my task. Well, long story short, this device wasn't compatible with my particular vehicle...nice false advertising. So, I returned it. Then I came across the MD-802. After emailing with a distributor, I was assured my SRS problem would be resolved with this device.

Well...more issues. First, I tried updating to the latest software because after registering, it said there was one. Well, that was a bust because the update software wasn't working correctly on my Windows 10 laptop. So, after 2 hrs with tech support, they finally decided just to send me an SD card with the updated software.

So, even with the old software, I thought I'd give it a try anyway only to discover the reader won't read my ECU. After trying to set it up manually, I discover my vehicle isn't even listed. The only SLK230 Kompressor listed is the European Version (170.449). My car is the 170.447 version (US spec). So, all that to ask this...

Does the MD-802 not support US spec Mercedes Benz??

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Bucky

2016-07-24 16:05:31 (Reply to:DesignoSLK)

I have been using an autel for years and work on lots of us spec euro cars.  It has always worked good for me.  The update is the key.  However I'm surprised it won't work on your 2000 benz without it.  I have used several autel scan tools right out of the box on older cars with no problem.  It is the newer cars that you must have an update for.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    DesignoSLK
    2016-07-25 12:20:56 (Reply to:Bucky)
     Bucky, do you use the 16-pin under the dash, or the 38-pin in the engine bay? Further investigation suggests I need to use the 38-pin. So, I'm waiting for Autel's DS708 38-pin adapter; should have it this week.
  Total1 Pages